Heritage School is committed to ensuring that everyone is safeguarded from harm and protected from all forms of bullying, abuse, discrimination, or harassment. We recognize that school plays a significant role in the prevention of harm to our students by providing them with effective lines of communication with trusted adults and supportive friendships.
Our schools will, therefore:
- Establish and maintain a community where students feel secure and are encouraged to talk and are always listened to.
- Ensure that all students know there is an adult in the school whom they can approach if they are worried or in difficulty.
- Include across the curriculum and our pastoral programmes, the promotion of common human values and opportunities which equip a student with the skills they need to stay safe from harm and to know to whom they should turn for help.
Therefore, we ensure the following safety measures:
- Personal safety. Our school employs a dedicated professional security officer who is friendly to all the students and team but does not permit any trespassers. We also guarantee a closed guarded area with 24-hour CCTV monitoring and security, and utilise a strict access ID-system for staff, students, and their parents.
- Fire safety. The school is equipped with fire extinguishers and clearly marked fire exits. All staff undertake regular ‘fire drill’ training.
- Digital safety. As Heritage School applies technology and the Internet in the learning process, objectionable content and sites are automatically blocked in the school Wi-Fi and the local network.
- Health and hygiene. Our school has a medical center for immediate first aid. In addition, we ensure regular use of sanitizers, with daily cleaning and sanitation.
- Staff. We have a robust system of background verification before appointing new teachers and administration.
As well as providing education, Heritage School takes it upon itself to provide a safe environment for our students and teachers.