Heritage School is committed to ensuring that everyone is safeguarded from harm and protected from all forms of bullying, abuse, discrimination, or harassment. We recognize that school plays a significant role in the prevention of harm to our students by providing them with effective lines of communication with trusted adults and supportive friendships. Our schools will, therefore:
Keeping our school safe allows children to look forward to being in an encouraging environment that promotes social and creative learning.
Therefore, we ensure the following safety measures:
1. Personal safety. Our school employs a dedicated professional security officer who is friendly to all the students and team but does not permit any trespassers. We also guarantee a closed guarded area with 24-hour CCTV monitoring and security, and utilise a strict access ID-system for staff, students, and their parents.
2. Fire safety. The school is equipped with fire extinguishers and clearly marked fire exits. All staff undertake regular ‘fire drill’ training.
3. Digital safety. As Heritage School applies technology and the Internet in the learning process, objectionable content and sites are automatically blocked in the school Wi-Fi and the local network.
4. Health and hygiene. Our school has a medical center for immediate first aid. In addition, we ensure regular use of sanitizers, with daily cleaning and sanitation.
5. Staff. We have a robust system of background verification before appointing new teachers and administration.
As well as providing education, Heritage School takes it upon itself to provide a safe environment for our students and teachers.